Update as of April 1, 2020
In compliance with the government stay-at-home order released on March 31,2020, the building will be closed until April 30. We have lots of opportunities for our congregation to connect online in a variety of places. If you would like to know more about our programs, please reach out to us!
COVID Update as of March 14, 2020
Trinity's Coronavirus Update as of March 14, 2020
Dear Trinity Lutheran Community,
Trinity, along with the rest of the community, has been closely monitoring the evolving situation with COVID-19. Our church leadership met this morning to discuss how best to move forward in the current health conditions. The health and safety of our community is our number one priority and the following plan we believe will best serve our congregation and community while keeping everyone safe and healthy.
Effective immediately Trinity Lutheran Church campuses will be closed from March 14th- 29th for all worship services, activities, and functions. This includes:
- All in-person worship services are cancelled. We will be live streaming our worship services at 9:30am and 11am over the next three weeks to ensure that we all have the opportunity to worship our good God.
- No Sunday School, Life Groups, Nursery, Bible Studies
- Confirmation cancelled until further notice
- Trinity Lutheran School closed 3/14-4/6
- Adult Day Services closed 3/14-4/1
- Child Care Center OPEN until further notice to those enrolled
- All individual group functions and activities are cancelled/closed until 3/29
Please look for personal communication from those ministries with more details.
Online giving will be available on our website and realm over this period of time.
Fortunately, while we are practicing social distancing, we won’t have to practice spiritual distancing. Through technology, we will continue strong in the Irresistible Series as we worship and open God’s Word. And we are confident God will use these online gatherings in a POWERFUL way to spread the story of Jesus across the globe.
We firmly believe that as a community of believers now is a wonderful time to devote your time to prayer, devotion, and personal worship. While we are taking every precaution to keep health and social distancing, let us not forget that we have a God who is ALWAYS near to us. Jesus shows up in our hearts, homes, and everywhere in between. As we know, Jesus changes everything, no matter the obstacles.
Please feel free to contact Trinity with any concerns or needs at (630) 894-3263 & through our website trinityroselle.com.
Pastor Chuck Mueller
COVID Update as of March 13, 2020
Sisters and Brothers in Christ,
In the midst of our current national crisis, it’s time for us to trust and pray – and act.
Our staff and church leadership will be meeting on 3/14 to make plans for how our community of believers will work through the next month or so to minimize the effect of the COVID-19 virus among us. We will also plan for how we can take leadership in responding to our community needs. Loving people to life in Jesus cannot be done “in concept.” We must love in word and deed.
If you are searching for wisdom to calm your fears or the fears of people you know, read Psalm 91 and 1 Thessalonians 5:12-22.
Some simple acts for right now:
- Pray for our government leaders locally and nationally.
- Pray for wisdom and insight for all of the scientists and doctors seeking effective treatment and cure.
- Pray for your leaders at Trinity as they meet on Saturday.
- Pray for your neighbors and community who don't know Jesus and need the peace He brings.
And remember….God’s got this (Romans 8:28). Let's be God's light together.